Monday 9 December 2019

Yikes

I had a very personal life-situation-thingy happen during this time span, and it definitely put this project on the back burner. I took several weeks just coming to terms with some facts, and several more helping myself and others get through it. I wish i could have that time back, and things go back to how they were before, but of course that's not how life works is it hahahaha. I definitely lost my mojo in myself, and even more in getting back into the swing of this project- i knew the work i needed to make, i just had to make it. My writing, however, 'lacked conviction'. I was struggling to read and find sources, and it became homework-y and i avoided it like the plague, as i couldn't care less, couldn't see the wood for the trees, and i quite frankly had bigger things to worry about. Not to say i wasn't interested in my project any more, but there and then i couldn't bring myself to think about it. I'm glad i took the time i did to get better, despite it consuming all my weeks and leaving me all panicky with no sources. Looking back now, i genuinely can't remember this term, except The Thing That Happened. I'm continuing to get better from now and learning about my own resilience every day, but i'm sure ill Pavlov's cats about it in the future- when recalling my dissertation, be unable to separate it from The Thing That Happened. How on-brand with my dissertation, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PUBLICATION- While the stress tears are drying on my face, let me talk you through the making of my publication. I have chosen to prints a...