Monday 9 December 2019

STYX

STYX was a performance i saw at the Edinburgh Fringe, and it has stayed with me ever since. It's gig theatre, telling the intertwining stories of Orpheus and Eurydice, and a grandmother, losing her memories due to Alzheimers, recalling her late husband. It incorporates songs written by the grandson, sciencey bits about memory: recording, recalling and loss. verbatim recordings of the grandmother speaking, and relevant mythological tales. It was genuinely so beautiful! It has definitely inspired the foundations of this project. It is interesting how music and theatre performance has inspired this project, yet t is entirely relevant in its creation and intention, and resonates with my own empathy, which is what i want to portray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PUBLICATION- While the stress tears are drying on my face, let me talk you through the making of my publication. I have chosen to prints a...