Monday 9 December 2019

After a discussion with Matt, i had realised that my question has split into two. First of all, exploring the representation of my memories and ceramics, and the stories of my Nan, which i wasn't sure i would manage to do justice in 11 weeks. Second, a quest for truth, hand made immediacy, and low brow art- looking at beauty and looking at truth in making. This was definitely something i wanted to incorporate, but did't sum up everything i wanted to say, plus i needed it to contain a personal element to not be too homework-y and prescribed, and make me not want to do it. I realised from this conversation and from being encouraged to change my project in a way that i wasn't sure i wanted to follow and remain genuinely excited about, that my project was about memory. This linked the two intrinsically, and there was a lot of science jargon that i was excited to learn about. I hadn't realised until this conversation that i was genuinely passionate about  doing the Nan-story thing and was willing to stand up for myself wanting to do something- something i'm incredibly bad at. wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PUBLICATION- While the stress tears are drying on my face, let me talk you through the making of my publication. I have chosen to prints a...