Wednesday 11 December 2019

PUBLICATION-
While the stress tears are drying on my face, let me talk you through the making of my publication.
I have chosen to prints and coloured paper in a grey font, as it felt the most appropriate way of presenting it - colours are subtle and, with a classy font, it offsets the low-brow monoprint drawings. I am going to Japanese stab stitch the binding instead of hot glue, as it's a visibly hand made process and feels nicer to look at and to hold. I am covering it all in a hand-made beige paper, with a little monoprint drawing on the top. I want it to emulate a feeling of preciousness: a hand-holdable memory in itself.  Mishaps include, but are not limited to: accidentally printing two of the pages (at home) on white paper instead of sand paper, reprinting these pages at uni three times because uni won't support the font i chose so had to match up a similar one, putting the binding holes in before trimming the edge so that theres too much of a gap between the margin(i'm hoping this will work out as stab stitch binding is harder to open...?) drilling a hole into the table then the drill bit snapping off in front of Print Room Susie (she took pity on my as i was uncontrollably crying on the floor at this point), the print room then shutting while my publication was still in bits - not bound or chopped at all.....:):):)
uni shouldn't have to be this stressful, it isn't worth it
:)
roy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

PUBLICATION- While the stress tears are drying on my face, let me talk you through the making of my publication. I have chosen to prints a...